TherapyNY therapists are independent of managed care, so the course of therapy is always patient-centered and controlled by client and therapist - not by an insurance company or other third party. This enables TherapyNY to guarantee complete privacy, confidentiality, trust, and discretion. Fees are discussed and worked out on an individual basis during the initial free consultation
Please note that our panel of psychotherapists are all eligible for insurance reimbursement.
None of our psychotherapists are participating in H.M.O. plans (in network only). Instead we are all PPO/POS (out of network providers) to insure maximum privacy and confidentiality to you.
If you are unsure of your plan benefits, please call the member services phone number on the back of you insurance card to speak with a representative. Ask these questions;
- Do I have out-of-network (POS or PPO) coverage?
- If so, do I need pre- certification (not authorization)? If so, ask the representative to pre-certify you immediately.
- How many sessions am I entitled to per year?
- What is my annual deductible? That is the amount that you pay out-of-pocket prior to reimbursement.
- What percent of each session to you reimburse? (the average is 70%). THEY MUST GIVE YOU A DIRECT NUMERIC ANSWER, IT IS THE LAW.
Checks are accepted for payment on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be provided with an invoice to forward to your insurance company at time of payment.
We would appreciate advance notice of cancellation, so the time may be given to another person if you are unable to use it.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.